I have made this several times and it is always a hit!
Broccoli and Apple Salad with Walnuts
Great salad and easy to make. Takes some time to chop everything up though. Keeps over for a couple of days.
(photo and original recipe from paleoleap.com)
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, chopped;
- 1 large carrot, grated;
- 1 apple, cored and finely chopped;
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped;
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped;
- ¼ cup dried cranberries;
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise;
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 tsp. raw honey; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well and season to taste.
- In large bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot, apple, onion, cranberries, and walnut.
- Mix as much dressing as you like in the salad and toss until well combined.
- Serve right away or refrigerate before serving.
© 2020 Copyright Edie Schumacher