Here’s a great no grain quiche that’s easy to make.
Paleo Bacon Spinach Quiche
- 1 large sweet potato (mine actually covered 2 pie plates)
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- ¼ onion, diced ( I used leeks instead)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (omitted this time)
- 5 ounces fresh spinach ( I used a greens mix)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk ( I used regular ½ and ½ )
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly grease a pie dish with butter (oops, forgot to grease the pie pan! But it came out fine).
- Lay bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Lay on a paper towel to drain some of the grease and set aside. Once cool, crumble or cut into small pieces.
- As the bacon is cooking, prepare the crust. Either using a food processor with a grating attachment, or using a box grater, grate the sweet potato through the large grates. Evenly press the shredded sweet potato to the sides and bottom of the pie dish.
- Be sure to fill in holes as best as possible. Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes and remove from the oven. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- As the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Melt butter in a large skillet over a medium heat. Cook the onions for 3-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and spinach and cook a minute or two, until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut milk until slightly bubbly. (add salt and pepper to taste) Mix in the spinach mixture and crumbled bacon. Pour mixture into the pie crust and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
original recipe from blog.paleohacks.com/paleo-bacon-spinach-quiche
Please follow and like us: